View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 07:02 AM   #6
Smallblock454

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
DMF = Dual Mass Flywheel

Smallblock, I’d get that thing back to the shop that did the work ASAFP.

ASAFP = As Soon As Fricken Possible
I would, but i have no more trust in that workshop. My car was there 3 times now and after the 1 and 2 workshop visit there were a lot of other things wrong with the car that were not wrong before.

They have already changed DMF, clutch, clutch basket and so on 2 times.

Vibration is still there and getting worse.

And the best is that they say there is no vibration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
You ask if the shop interchanged the tensioners, but replacing tensioners isn't on your list of work performed. [emoji848] I'm somewhat confused by that. Did they replace tensioners?

I'd focus on what they changed/ touched.

Why did you replace the dmf? What were you trying to solve? Was it replaced with an oem unit? Was it new or used?

Ike asks a very good question: clutch pedal in or out, any change?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Clutch and DMF were worn.

Tensioners weren't on the list. They talked me into changing the IMSB, so in the end i agreed. The've used an open roller bearing. To change the ISMB they needed to lock the chains and remove the tensioners.

Because the engine was running absolutely smooth an without any vibrations before, there must be something wrong. And i never ha a chain rattle before.

So i wonder if they might "intermixed" (put the 3 tensioner in the wrong place) the chain tensioners. I don't know if it's technically possible, but to my knowlegde the length and tension is a little bit different. And i don't know if that can cause the vibrations at 2 to 2.5k up.

And i never had a noise from the chains before, when starting the car.

Regards, Markus

Last edited by Smallblock454; 05-08-2021 at 07:05 AM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote