View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 02:32 PM   #28
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by john12312 View Post
I spoke with a tech from Suncoast today, and he told me that the harness with the wires connected is meant to be used if the rear speakers were connected directly to the amp. They don’t mention this in the instructions they included with the kit. The cable that runs from the speakers all the way to the front of the car is meant to be connected to that smaller harness and that goes into the back of the radio. Would’ve been nice if they made that clear from the beginning but it’s a learning experience for me.

I appreciate your input on your set up. I think I may upgrade the amp next to something a little better but not too difficult to install and If that goes well maybe upgrade the deck to Pioneer or something else that’s compatible with the existing set up. I can’t see spending $1300 for the new set up that includes the touchscreen and all of the modern features.
If you have a 4 channel amp (which I think all 986s have unless special ordered with the rear speakers from the factory) then the rear speakers cannot be run directly to the factory amp (unless you piggy back it into one of the outputs for the front / dash speakers). I dealt with this a few months ago. Best options are to scrounge up a 6 channel amp or to add a 2 channel amp, which is what I did. Wiring is easy and it fit well next to the factory amp.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk