View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 09:19 AM   #25
Stl-986

My go to amp is the mb quart na2-500.5 Not the most powerful, but it's 5 channel and compact. perfect replacement for the factory. Search for some of my other posts. There are better and more powerful amps and doing 2 separate amps isn't an issue but then things start to get a little crazy with running wiring, power, etc. It's a convertible so no matter what you spend it wont ever be as good as a coupe. There is no good way to put a sub in that hides it to where someone wont want to cut your top to take the sub either.

When I replace systems I will typically just cut any factory connector, solder or crimp wires and run things to either an amp or from the head unit depending on the head unit and car. Comes down to budget more then anything. Have had some people that wanted to spend more on a headunit and go less on speakers or some that wanted better speakers & subs. Dont cheap out when it comes to rca cables, always get shielded cables no matter what. For a 986 I usually budget around $500 to replace everything and put in a mid level head unit.
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote