Thread: It's BS! :(
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 08:19 AM   #15
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
I decided to have my engine case sent to LN and get my 3.2 increased to 3.6 with LN Nickies. It took 6 months for the LN Nickies to be completed, including shipping both ways. The intial time estimate was 8 weeks.
My rebuild will be going from 3.4 to 3.8L. Interesting that I was told the same time est. However, my car will be staying at the indy shop. I wanted to be sure they kept it inside now that storm season is approaching. They said they had a lift dedicated to long term jobs. He did say the job depended on how long it took to have the new cyl pressed in (or however they do that). They can do the barking to the builder since they have lost income with the bay being taken up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
The biggest reason for this is the backlog at the platers. There are only a few platers that can do the job to LN's standards and they are busy year round with engines for cars, motorcycles and snowmobiles, probably boats too!
This is why Raby is developing a new cyl lining process. It will be more environmentally friendly than Nikasil, just as strong, and he won't have to depend on a busy plater.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote