Thread: Ruroh Raggy!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #15
ike84

I could be wrong about this, but so far I have yet to see any connector in our engine bay that doesn't route directly back to the dme. What I mean by this is there is no "other end" to disconnect, unless to run the new wiring from the clip to the dme itself.

Jfp is correct about some sensors being very sensitive to VERY minute voltage changes, but I'm not sure that applies here. This is an actuator circuit with lots of learning/feedback modules downstream of it. If it were me I would find the other end and splice things back together. Use extra wire to interpose if needed. Use good shrink wrap crimp connectors to do it. Then drive. If there's a problem, the car will tell you.

I just did this with the MAP sensor on my wife's escalade, thanks to rodents. That was about 500 miles ago and there are no problems yet.

If you are super worried about this, just source the connector for any bosch TB. They all use (or at least the ones I have encountered all do) the same 6 pin diagonally oriented arrangement. Find a non porsche vehicle that uses them and I can almost guaranteed you'll find a replacement plug with plenty of wire to splice in.

Sent from my SM-T595 using Tapatalk