View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 07:14 PM   #20
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmont View Post
Is this set-up for a street car or a race car, Plus do you have to do emissions in KY, Thanks...Frank
Mine? Street setup. No emissions in KY. Half the pickups in the state would be off the road if they started doing that lol.

I will say one thing about my setup that I am just now realizing (and this may be taught in exhaust 101 but all my wrenching knowledge is self discovered) - By removing the factory muffler and terminating the straight pipe before the bumper, I was effectively trapping the exhaust under the vehicle. The exhaust is filthy regardless, but this is likely why it was so profound for me.

I learned this the hard way the other night - refilling the ac I had the car idling in a stationary position OUTSIDE for about 15 minutes. When I was done with that I shut off the engine to allow the exhaust to cool for about 10 minutes and then crawled underneath to start fitting new shorty mufflers. Anyway, there was so much carbon monoxide trapped in that bonnet that in less than 5 minutes I managed to give myself carbon monoxide positioning. Not fun.

What doesn't kill you makes to stronger, right?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk