View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:05 PM   #23
Cunningr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post
Thanks all for the good support given here, much appreciated.
Just found a set of Hertz woofers that I bought 5 years ago but never became installed.
Could the 6 channel cabrio amp be enough for feeding these ?
Just assuming that the HU to these are a big no-no.

The alternative would be to keep boxster door speaker and amp. This would be the easiest way to avoid cutting in cables.

Third alternative would be to use the door speaker money saved and buy a new amp that can feed the Hertz woofers.

Now to many options and not really sure what would give a reasonable good sound. I do not need the deepest bass tones. Think it will just make every loose part in the car to rattle more than ever

I have two weeks now before I will see the car again, gives plenty of time to source all the cabling alternatives and front speakers. Then when back again, I can test all alternatives above.
I agree the factory amp will work but not jaw dropping. Albeit depends on what type sound your looking for, with the 6 channel on the four channel set up you can use the fader to adjust the bass mix some. If you just looking for better sound loud enough for cruising it works.

I used a second set of door speaker boxes off ebay to cut up and molded in some .5” mount rings to install the hertz drivers. Plugged it back into factory harness. Door panel fit back over.