View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
MartinJ

Nice choices.

I ended up with 19s on my car. It was not my first choice but everthing else on the car was just what I wanted so I bought it.

With the 19s I have found the ride to be firm but not a huge difference from the 18s.

I did run into a pot hole a few weeks ago and lost a tire (expensive for 19s and my reasone for prefering the 18s initially) I was not going fast but it felt like the car had taken a 1 foot drop!. I expected to loose a rim and a tire but I only lost a tire. When I took the wheel off I carefully loooked over the rim and could see no damage I was surprised, I took another look when the new tire was fitted (I don't like to fool around with bad tires or rims) and all was okay, the tire shop could not see any problems either.

So the moral here is as follows:
1. The car looks better with bigger rims!
2. The rims are surprisingly tough so go with what looks good to you.
2008 Carrera S Cabriolet, Meteor Grey Metallic, Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes, Heated Front Seats, Navigation, Floor Mats – I know the Porsche ones suck but they came with the car, Park Assist, Power Seats, Self Dimming Mirrors, 19 inch Sport Design Wheels – Classic Car and Classic Wheels, Bose, Sports Chrono Plus. Mods so Far: XPEL Clear Bra, Smart Top, Dension iPod Integration, Clear Side Markers

2001 MB CLK320 with a collection of performance mods.
MartinJ is offline   Reply With Quote