View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 04:46 PM   #14
Goldenzrule

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
I have both although my Boxster is no longer a road car but it was stock for years. I expected my 996 to be very similar to the Boxster but they are worlds apart. My Boxster is a 97 and my 996 is a 2003 so that may be part of the reason but the 996 feels far more like a real car and the Boxster has always felt like a toy. The difference is in the space, the lack of mid-engine noises and vibrations, the security and low noise levels of an actual roof etc.

I bought my 911 when my wife was pregnant for the same reason you're thinking of getting one and well...I'm not sure it will ever be the family car I wanted it to be. Sure I'll be be able to pile the family in on an occasion or two but it really isn't big enough. I hate to say this but you might want to look into an e90/92 M3....

Why is it no one is reading what I wrote? Where ever I ask this? I don't want a FAMILY CAR. I want a FUN car my family can go with me in. We have an SUV. I have a almost 600 HP sedan with big trunk. I don't need any of the other suggestions. I just want to know how a 996 fits a family for the occasional drive.
Goldenzrule is offline   Reply With Quote