View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 05:47 PM   #8
Qingdao

Ah, I saw the aussie's most recent video. He made his cradle much similar to how I made mine last year; except I added an extra support on either side that connects to the aluminum side braces. I didn't feel too confident in an engine supported by two points; IDK why I was so uneasy (Probably I woulda had more confidence if I had done an ounce of math, but I figured GO BIG NO MATHS NEEDED lol)

The Orange is the trans cradle I made out of the existing trans arm thingys.

In Yellow are the hockey pucks that the trans cradle rests on. There is an angle iron brace that runs down from the original mounting points and across. The hockey pucks and trans mounts rest on this solid cross member.

In blue is the additional bracing I put on just to supplement the old transmission "triangle"

I think you're gonna end up with something quite similar to this. I, at least, am not able to see another way of easily supporting the transmission... I guess you could go strait across the top and have the trans hang from some kind of mounts, but that seems kinda overly complex. Where hockey pucks are a tried and true method of supporting an engine.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote