View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 03:21 AM   #31
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Update - I ran her hard for 20 miles today, needle straight up and kept it there for probably 15 minutes or so. No more coolant at that point coming from the overflow tube! Hooray!

However, when I popped the trunk there's coolant around the cap (.04 model, changed 2 years ago) and also the burp valve was closed but pushed open! I was able to push it back down but it just popped right back up.

Something is definitely up here. Im on the verge of going nuclear and replacing all of it - the TStat, cap, and burp valve but I know that's irrational and what I really need is more information. I think I will go ahead and flush the system tomorrow and swap in the new TStat just to make sure there are no signs of intermixing or sludge/debris in the system.

I'm hoping this doesn't have anything to do with the white chunks of debris I found in my oil filter tonight but I think that after the flush I'm gonna have to start doing some pressure testing of the coolant system and cylinders.

Any other thoughts?

BTW, feel free to chime in on the white chunks in the oil filter if you know what they are (pics posted on other thread)

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Maybe combustion gases are getting into your coolant. Try this, it's cheap and quick:

https://www.harborfreight.com/combustion-leak-detector-64814.html?_br_psugg_q=combustion+leak+detector