View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #1
John Y

Well, I pulled the trigger..

Hi guys,

some of you may recognize my name from hanging around here looking for info the past few months, and making the occasional post. Anyway, I just wanted to report back that I pulled the trigger on Saurday - ordered an 07 Boxster, and put down a deposit! I have a week or so before the order goes final, I gather, and m probably looking at March delivery, which would be just fine with me - April might be even better. You may remember I was considering the Cayman S too, but I decided I liked my Mk 5 GTI too much and need it's practicality - I figured the Cayman S doesn't have much of a practicality advantage over the Box - not enough to have it as an only car. So I will replace the TT Roadster with the Boxster, and keep my GTI.

What I ordered:

2007 Boxster
Forest Green met., black/black
Xenons
18 in Box 'S' wheels
heated seats
windstop/storage box
Sound package plus
colored wheel crests
sport steering wheel
headlight washers in body color
I may delete Boster insignia or have it in body color too, or just leave as is...opinions on that one, or anything else I listed?

I may scrap the 18s, too; I love the look, but unsprung weight is not my friend, especially on the slightly torque-challenged 2.7, I think. I also live in NYC and I think the 17s would provide a more fluid, supple ride/handling package. Somehow, I also think the fat-sidewalled look of the 17s is kinda cool in a retro sort of way! On the other hand, I am here in Germany this morning and on the way to my hotel a new 987 on 18s rolled past at low speed - they look great...

Anyway, I am pretty psyched as you can well imagine; I can't count the number of times I thought or said aloud on Saturday "holy sh--, I just bought a Porsche..."

Got a good though not great deal, I think; $4K off sticker; the car listed around $51.5K

Thanks for your input up to this point, and I'm sure I will want to know a whole lot more in the future!
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote