View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #5
ike84

My suggestions would be to replace sway bar bushings with energy suspensions bushings ($50-60 for front and rear, I posted a diy on them), godspeed coilovers dropped to ROW sport spec height (less than $1k), and then replace other worn items with oem replacements as needed (rear track arms are notorious for being worn and causing a clunk at low speeds over small bumps).

The biggest problem I found on my stock suspension, even though the car only had 40k, was that the struts were completely shot. So much so that the bump stops had completely disintegrated.

For street driving , I personally think that factory sway bars are plenty stiff. There are a ton of fancy aftermarket parts (tarrett makes great stuff from what I hear) but unless you want to go extreme with lowering or giant tires then that stuff is way overkill and frankly not needed to get a good alignment.

When replacing tires, consider going up to 225 in the front. It helps correct the stock understeer.

I also run spacers, more for looks but theoretically a bit wider stance helps.

Speaking of alignments, find a guy who will let you be there for the process. Adjust camber to factory max settings and just a bit of toe on the rear. Make absolutely sure that each side is equal. This is the setup I run and I promise you will be happy for street driving (that topic though can be expanded upon quite significantly though, of you know what I mean ).

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk