View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 04:41 AM   #3
john12312
2002 Boxster S

Thanks for the response. It's a 2002 Boxster S with 82K miles. Last serviced about 4 years ago when AOS was replaced along with plugs, brake fluid. Only about 9k miles have been driven since. Car was running fine before this event. Definitely not the AOS as a boatload of blue smoke would come out. This is a black, light smoke with a gas smell. Ordered all parts from Pelican Parts after speaking with them to ensure I was getting the right plugs and coils.I'm going too try replacing the original plugs and tubes to see what happens. I was thinking about this process and the only boneheaded thing I did that I can think of is when I went to put in a new plug the old plug was still installed and the new plug came in contact with it and maybe changed the gap. I hope that's all it is. I know I need to invest in a good scan tool and I was looking for one when this happened. I read the durametric is the best choice but I would go with any good inexpensive option. Right now, I have bigger fish to fry. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by john12312; 04-06-2021 at 05:22 AM.
john12312 is offline   Reply With Quote