View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 05:01 AM   #31
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Thank you for the suggestion. Later today I may try to pull the airbag.

Yesterday I pulled the center console. Zero luck there. Went ba ck under the pass dash and removed the plastic tube that moves air (I've only had one cup of coffee and I forget the scientific name)... the one with the accordian in the middle. That really didn't matter at all.

I then resolved to get the mouse I could see. I had purchased a new grabby tool and further bent the four tines that emerge fron the head... so that when I clamped it down on the mouse I would have better leverage. I will say that when I removed the plastic air tube... then putting my hand up there to feel around... the missing glue trap fell down.

On it was some fur and about an inch and a half of tail which, it appears to me, the mouse bit of itself. It reconciled with the tail still atached to the mouse.

I positioned the telescoping mirror on the carpet... and the flashlight... and went in. Navigated the devise... got up on thge mouses face... clamped and slowly pulled it out. Success! Immediately I noticed the smell of death leaving the cab.

I poked and prodded with my hand... and used the flashlight and mirror to try to find the other trap and, if it exists, the other mouse. Nothing. My shoulders killed during the "procedure" and I know I'll be chewing the ibu today.

Put in some oder eliminators... and will go out later this morning to see if the smell remains. That means I've more work to do.

If the smell is absent I'm thinking it was one mouse who managed to get hisself tangled up in both traps. We'll see.

To be continued...