View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 05:38 PM   #26
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Pull a vacuum on the cooling system with the airlift system and see if any air comes out. Sometimes when one of these has air pockets, you get a surge in the system that can annoy the plastic tanks and create sudden leaks.

When did you last open up the cooling loop? I assumed from your comments on just getting the car back together that it was recently.
Oh now I get what you were saying. No, I dont think this is a tank issue. I'm nearly certain all the flow was coming from the overflow tube itself.

The last time I did anything to the cooling system was around 2 years ago - system drain, 04 oem cap, and LN TStat install. No problems at all since then and had the usual "success" with lower running temps up until this happened.

I did a bit more poking around in the trunk while running it at 3k rpm (no load obviously) - mild vacuum on the oil tank, absolutely no positive pressure, so I think my rings are good. No signs of water/oil on the dipstick and no signs of oil in the coolant resivoir. However my oil stinks of gasoline. It's been 6k miles since last changed but that was a bit over a year ago. I figure it's from cylinder washdown since it's a 2.7 with a 3.4 tune, but I haven't driven enough to check afrs yet.

It can never be easy...but I suppose that's half the fun!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk