View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
ike84

LN TStat Failure

So just got done overhauling intake and exhaust, car has been sitting on stands since Thanksgiving. Finally got my 996 row tune this morning and took the maiden voyage this afternoon. I stopped midway through and noticed clear smooth fluid POURING out from rear passenger side. I figured it was coolant so headed home. This was a short drive, 1 mile or so, and most of the way home the temp needle was straight up. Got home, jacked the rear end out, and it looks like it's coming from the expansion tank vent hose (pic below). Popped the trunk, there's a bit of coolant in top of the tank, and when I opened the burp valve it actually pulled air into the resivoir. The resivoir is still full though.

My brain tells me this is failure of the TStat to open.

BUT, I just switched to the LN TStat about 2 years ago (probably a little less). That seems pretty crazy that a 2 year old TStat would fail. Has anyone else experienced this?

I plan on pulling the TStat and reassembling without it in place to verify this is the issue. If it is, I will likely just put the OEM TStat back in place. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk