Thread: Kumho Tires
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #7
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot2519j
I bought them from WTC or STS as it is called now and they were a great dissappoinment. STS did not do the high speed balancing, he lied. STS for a start, used the wrong weights(used the clip ons in lieu of the glue ons), put the weights naturally in the wrong place to make a long story short I ended up in telling the manager to get them off and get me the Michelins OEM, after a screaming match he complied with my wishes. The Khumo tires were excessive loud, had a bounce to it, probably the bad balancing, so in the end I opted for what I knew worked which was what I should have done first instead off saving a few bucks. In the long run a few dollars doesn't mean much if you put your life on the line with inferior tires. Naturally STS sucks too! Go to the dealer or someone that actually does the high speed balancing or to a friend that you know. Make an intelligent choice from there.
That doesn't sound like a problem with Kuhmos at all. You'd have had the same problems with any tire if the wheels are out of balance.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote