View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 04:49 PM   #24
DarrenD

That's great to know about the brake fluid guys, thanks. I haven't put the fresh 660 in yet, maybe I'll just go get some 600 and sell the 660. As for the EBC yellows, I'll try them and see. Maybe they'll be ok for the rear and I if they don't work for me up front I can go with something more aggressive.
This car is far from my daily driver and definitely not a dedicated track car. I did all the work "while I was in there" hoping to negate most of the Boxster's flaws and improve reliability. I plan to do maybe 15 track days this year, we'll see how that goes. Everything with a street car/DE car is a compromise and knowing the oiling issues with the Boxster I don't want to go to aggressive with any of my choices for the track. Tires will be a 300 treadwear street tire but I'll run a square 17 x 8.5" with a 245 or 255 all the way around. I'm hoping to run some Bilstein B8's on a more street oriented lowering spring. My days of looking for all out track performance are long gone. I love my Boxster, and tracking it just allows me to do with it what it does best. I don't want to break it so I'll just compromise a bit. Not ideal but if it makes for a reliable, trouble free track season I'll be happy.
DarrenD is offline   Reply With Quote