View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 05:13 PM   #16
DarrenD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
DarrenD, you've done a TON!
Well done. I'm sure this will go a long way in making your DE experiences relatively pain free.
FWIW; RBF 660 and EBC- any-color is a non-sequitur. You'll cook those pads LONG before your RBF 600 will boil. 660 is really only good for one weekend. To most it's just not worth the extra couple of degrees.
Fair warning: if you're one of the faster guys (even in a beginner group) you'll be pretty unhappy with those EBC's in a hurry. Not that they won't last you a day or two, but they're just not up to heavy track work.
If you search around, you'll find lots of information about hawk, pagid, PF, etc. I've been REALLY happy with the raybestos. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
That's great to know. I've been tracking for a good 20 years now, Hondas for the first ten years and Porsche's for the last 10. I sold my 944 turbo 2 years ago, and bought the Boxster last summer. Not too sure how quick I'll be in the Boxster but I'll try the EBC yellows out, if they're not up to the task I'll go for some Hawk's or Pagids. I ran Hawk blues for years but I hate all the dust!!
I should be moving into the top group this season and onto becoming an instructor once Covid goes away(if ever). I used to instruct in our local time attack series years ago but once my kids started into high level sports, that had to stop.
I'll put the 660 in and flush it after the first event, no biggie. Thanks for the advice, I'm really enjoying this community.
DarrenD is offline   Reply With Quote