View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 11:22 AM   #43
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post
....and for what it’s worth, I never bought that Ferrari 308 when they were JUST affordable to me a decade ago because I knew I couldn’t afford the timing belt service and all the other “Ferrari” taxes.

If you met me, you would know I am as far from “Elite” as a janitor at Trump Tower.

��

Seriously, though, a 1993 Miata was my only car for over 20 years.

I scrimped and saved and bought the best quality, best maintained 986 I could find.

I have a great local technician and I can turn a mean wrench myself. I grew up in the “Fast & The Furious” days and “Sport Compact Car” magazine.

I WAS that “Rice Boy” kid.

I’m just trying to use whatever old man wisdom I have accumulated over my years to help my fellow forum members. Hopefully my past mistakes can prevent others from suffering the same heartbreaks I brought upon myself.

Just trying to help this awesome collective.

And I’m sorry if my crush washer post sounded harsh, as well.

Cheers, everyone.

Now go out and drive your Boxster.
Sorry for overreacting. My life experiences have taught me uniformly that mean people suck and I have a soft spot for the guy on the other end because usually there's no one to stand up for them. I tend to epitomize the "carry a big stick" philosophy lol.

Anyway, cheers to the knowledge base. As pedro would say, happy boxstering!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk