View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 06:59 AM   #42
maytag
Who's askin'?

Ike, you've got a sympathetic ear here, with me. There are lots of people who won't see this post because they've used the "block user" function. You sound just like me about there being nothing magical (or even particularly unique) about the innards of the Porsche 986.

BUT:
I read this thread and to me, it looks like you took offense where none was intended.

You must remember that for many owners, this car represents a culmination of a dream, and part of that dream is their obsession with OEM-Only, Factory-authorized, laminate-all-the-receipts-and-keep-them-in-a-binder sort of, for lack of a better word; worship. That ain't you, and it ain't me, but there's lots of room for people to love the car in lots of different ways. As with any forum (or any group of people) the answers you get will vary across the spectrum created by the variances of life's experiences.

Yeah, now I'm preaching. sorry.... I'm a Mormon, hahaha.

So, in all reality, 10/10ths is sorta on the money here. Many have tried other lubes and come back with horror stories; to the extent that most have determined that it isn't worth the risk to do otherwise. On my street-986 S, I used the OEM stuff from Suncoast. (But on the Spec Boxster, I didn't. that might tell you where my head is)

Enjoy this forum for the diversity found herein. Try to be a lover, not a fighter.

otherwise, everyone will block you, like they have me. :dance:
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote