View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 08:09 AM   #4
PaulE

If you want the 987 airbox because the air filter is about twice the size of the 986 one, the best time to do it is with the engine out. There are threads you can search for how to modify the 987 airbox to make it fit and adapt your MAF to it. Also, 986 S coolant pipes are a larger diameter than the base model and also improve the cooling capacity. I don't know if it's any easier to do with the engine out, but it would make sense to do before putting the coolant back in.

Mosport is a great track. It was the first track I ever did an HPDE on about 5 years ago. Our club started going to Mt. Tremblant after that year, so I haven't been back, but would love to go again!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote