View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 03:26 PM   #6205
PaulE

Today I fixed the foam blowing from my interior vents. Once I got inside, I could see that my blend doors were still fully covered with foam, which is why I didn't have any issues with the heat or A/C. But it was deteriorating, which is why I would get pieces blowing out of the vents. So I ripped it all out. That, and getting the tape on relatively straight, were the hardest parts of the job. On my 2003, there is an internal horizontal gusset on the right side of the interior of the duct, about where the bottom of the right hand cut on the duct ends. So when I bent the cut part of the duct down, it broke off horizontally across the 2 vertical cuts. When I was done I used a piece of plastic and 2 screws to secure the cut piece on the bottom.

Thanks to 78F350 for his post on how to do this and TTGator for his YouTube video, both of which were very helpful for me!

Earlier in the week I took off the front bumper cover and cleaned out my ductwork and radiators. My low tone horn was out, so I replaced that too.

And the week before I installed the GT3 center console delete kit.

So I set a goal of 3 projects for myself this winter and I accomplished them all.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop

Last edited by PaulE; 03-12-2021 at 03:29 PM.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote