View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 03:58 PM   #68
porschefan76

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
My understanding of unplugging the MAF sensor is that the DME reverts to a default fuel map in open loop mode so there is no closed loop type fuel correction.
Also this default fuel map is on the rich side so if you have a vacuum leak and you unplug the MAF the car tends to run very well. Not to say your issue is not MAF related could very well be. Will be interesting to hear the outcome after you install the new MAF. I hope you ordered a Bosch MAF these cars don't seem to do well on after market MAF sensors.
Also if your running a K&N filter that is the oil type they destroy MAF sensors
Hey blue62! Yes, I agree, although I'm not sure it's running rich, as the RKAT is 0.0 and the FRA .99 and STFT look like they're operating properly going +/- 5% throughout the test drive. I'm really hoping it's the MAF as the negative RKAT values (rich at idle) just don't make sense and I have taken each vacuum hose off of the reservoir and tested with my hand pump and they've passed. I've still yet to fully test the EVAP system (vacuum etc) but the Evap Valve under the bank 2 air intake appears to be functioning properly. Beyond that though, no testing has been completed on fuel canister/hoses etc. I'll post as soon as I get the new MAF in and a test drive/data.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, yes, it's the Bosch replacement MAF and the K&N filter is in a landfill somewhere these days. Replaced with OEM air filter.

Last edited by porschefan76; 03-11-2021 at 04:13 PM.
porschefan76 is offline   Reply With Quote