View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #24
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
Thanks for the objective statements, Jim.

The problem is, I'm not doing anything that I consider "classic tranny killers". I'm not engine braking--I'm matching revs. I'm not leaning on the shifter like a gangster--I return my hand to the wheel after every shift. I'm not dropping the clutch from 6000 RPM--I have never launched the car. I'm not speed shifting, power shifting or otherwise driving like a hooligan.

The only thing I do that is at all a "drive it like you stole it" thing, is I use the entire power band. I would expect that to offer up less-than-stellar engine life, but nothing else and certainly not within 20,000 miles.

The fact that they WERE willing to replace both transmissions indicates to me that they DON'T have a leg to stand on. The fact that I've gone through two trannies tells me that the car had issues.

As for the brakes, I fully expected to have less-than-optimum brake life, as I am hard on the brakes--I have a daily commute that involves a fairly steeply-graded offramp that chews up brakes. That, and I brake a little hard due to my time on race tracks. I don't consider brakes a huge expenditure, so I don't treat them kindly.

Transmissions though, I'm like a mother with a newborn!
Hi,

All sounds OK to me, I was just stating the obvious that in any failure, especially a premature one, driver involvement cannot be automatically ruled out.

It's a b*tch going through the things you are, and I hope you're seeing the end of it. But, with luck like yours, no offense, I don't wanna be sitting in the seat next to yours on the airplane...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote