View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 07:26 AM   #27
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpena View Post
Hi all, I just want to share my experience.
I bought my 2000S last year and a couple of months ago I changed the transmission oil to play safe and because the shifting was hard, it had a small leak too, I bougt "Total Dual 9 FE 75W-90" and after the first drive I started hearing a quick quick noise in Neutral which disappears immediately when I press the clutch or in gear and after some minutes of drive it also dissapears, the shifting improved but the little oil leak increased too...

I guess the oil was never changed (115.000kms) as it was quite dark with high viscosity.

Now I'm trying to get swepco 201 (general 80W-90) or Swepco 202 (75W-90 the better version as I checked on Swepco web page...)

I'm waiting for a local dealer to give me a budget for the arms seal and the IMS replacement (three weeks waiting already) but I'm thinking in chainging the transmission oil myself again just to stop the noise and any probable problem in the meanwhile.

Any suggestions on the oil? shell Shelix Spirax S6 ADME 75w-90
Use the factory oil.