View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 07:14 AM   #7
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmlifer View Post
Hello Forum,

Ok, not looking to debate IMS replacement we all do what makes us happy with our cars and it can be subjective...

Just purchased a 2003 with shop receipt showing IMS replaced with clutch at 19K miles. I can’t tell by service information the manufacturer all I can see is the part cost $760. I do know it is not the LN solution with oil feed from filter there is no metal hose underneath. The clutch was just changed at 50K miles along with pressure plate with no mention of IMS...

So, to my question... are these IMS bearing replacements a “once and done” situation or every so many miles based on an inspection during clutch R&R or is there a preferred miles? And is the inspection pretty obvious to a good mechanic while preforming clutch and pressure plate R&R? Just trying to figure out where I stand with my sleep better at night IMS replacement I can’t tell if $760 for a bearing means it is a quality bearing or prior owner just paid too much

So what do we know about IMS replacements and best practices associated???

Thanks in advance for any help!
We know to get the best information SEARCH the forum for ALL available info on the subject of your choice,Then inquire if necessray!