View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 03:21 AM   #4
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcriqui View Post
My head unit has EQ for F/R/sub so the door subs are only seeing low frequencies and not making the noise. It's most obvious in the dash speakers but I can hear it in the rears as well. I swapped in better RCA cables, but that didn't help. I've no doubt it's a ground loop, but I'm super curious why the throttle position affects the level of the noise. Some throttle positions the noise goes away completely. I may try using the twisted pairs that were used for the original amp instead of the newly added RCA cables.
In my experience, better rca cables will not fix it most of these. There are two types, problems with rca cables and problem with the power source, but the power source is very common and not easily fixed. It has to do with electromagnetic interference, often times generated by the alternator (notice that it gets higher pitched with higher rpm). Good amps have filters built in to address this problem. It's one reason why cheap amps are cheap.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ike84; 02-23-2021 at 03:24 AM.
ike84 is offline   Reply With Quote