View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 03:47 PM   #3
kcriqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
You've got yourself a good old fashioned ground loop. Budget friendly amplifiers are notorious for them. Your interference is probably coming from your electrical connectors as opposed to the audio inputs, but it's hard to know for sure. You can buy isolators for the audio inputs but there aren't great ones out there for the power side (these filters should be hardwired into the amp). My advice would be (and I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear) is to get a better quality amp.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

With that being said though, the door speakers are designed to be subwooferish - the factory amp puts their output through a low pass filter. I'm not sure what would happen if you try to put full band through them, so if it's only coming from those two speakers you may have your answer there.
My head unit has EQ for F/R/sub so the door subs are only seeing low frequencies and not making the noise. It's most obvious in the dash speakers but I can hear it in the rears as well. I swapped in better RCA cables, but that didn't help. I've no doubt it's a ground loop, but I'm super curious why the throttle position affects the level of the noise. Some throttle positions the noise goes away completely. I may try using the twisted pairs that were used for the original amp instead of the newly added RCA cables.
kcriqui is offline   Reply With Quote