View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 07:03 AM   #6
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_NeonTurtle View Post
So I lost my keys 5 days ago and have finally decided that they're gone. Called the local porsche dealership and they quoted $400 for the key and then $150 to pair it to my car, and that's not even considering towing fees (not even sure if my car can be towed where it is + the parking brake is up and it's 1st gear) I'd love any insight ya'll would have into the situation as I'm pretty young and this is my first car and have never dealt with anything like this, much less with porsche. Thank y'all in advance
It can be safely flat bedded; they will put wheel dollies under each wheel to allow it to roll up onto the flat bed to get it to the dealer you choose.

You might be able to find a cheaper key somewhere, but the car cannot be coded to accept it without the Ipass codes that come from the dealer and the PIWIS diagnostic tool to do the coding. If you want to get this done, just bite the bullet and pay the dealer's price.