View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #9
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyqc View Post
I just finished drilling out 3 broken bolts and installing helicoils on the spare engine I bought. So would appreciate the part numbers you mentioned.
M8 x1. 25 x 50mm studs. I got mine on Amazon but they're currently out of stock, but are oem for ford 4.6 and 5.4 L V8s. You could get by with a 45 mm length if you can find it but the 50s are fine. The ones I found were fully threaded but a lot are only threaded in each with a blank in the middle where the header sits. The block depth is 24mm, so just keep that in mind if you go with that type. Also, not all of them have the slot for the hex head. This is important since they should be torqued to spec. The nuts are just m8*1.25 13mm copper plated flange nuts, again procured on amazon I'm sure that I shouldn't have, but I used antisieze on the threads.

I've never heard of helicoils before! Do they really work? I stripped out one of my rear sway bar bolt holes recently and there wasn't enough left to retap, so I've got a longer bolt with a nut on it for now. The OCD in me would love to try make it all match again though lol.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk