View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #10
Cunningr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
What do you think of this woofer: https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-DC160-4-6-1-2-Classic-Woofer-Speaker-295-309

I understand that it would require some modification of the speaker baffle in the door to accommodate, but the instructions for that procedure are readily available. I'm also concerned that it may be a bit too deep to fit. I found a document stating that a speaker 3-inch deep would work, but most of the posts I've seen show the use of speakers about 2.5 inches or less.

I may be grasping at straws to avoid installing an additional amp.
Not sure what they sound like but has a better efficiency than the previous one, 4 ohms so should end at 2 ohms installed in both doors. For the price its worth ago.
Not sure on the depth. What I did was buy a couple used boxes off ebay and modified those so I could put it back original. I bought a spacer ring from amazon and cut out the space size then hot glued then fiberglassed around the ring. Drilled holes for air space you might experiment see how they sound if not enough bass drill holes in the back.