View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 08:55 PM   #8
Cunningr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
Thanks

I had been planning to end my Boxster audio work after adding rear speakers upgrading the dash speakers and installing a double DIN head unit. I added an 8-inch sub in my daily driver and now I think I need a little more bass response in the Boxster. I was hoping for a quick and easy project, but it is likely to be a more complex and costly process to do this right.
When I did mine it started as a general upgrade then kinda got out of hand. Sounds excellent and I can put all the original pieces back in. I used a pioneer single din
DEP 85 head which has single processing built in it powers dash tweeters the i power upper 3.5 inch dash speakers and 6.5 inch doors and footwell sub with a Alpine amp.
Pioneer has tunable cross over so it splits hid mid and bass outputs on the amp I tune cross over on the channels for upper mid lower mids. I made the sub box from a old bode cabriolet footwell sub. Thin mount 8” driver.

I bought a broken m490 amp to build a wiring harness adaptor to use the stock speaker wiring, then then ran rca cables, and a speaker wire to the woofer. Tweeters are amplified by the head unit so ran a couple wires for those.

Speakers are Hertz Audio.

Ran coaxial speakers in the dash and the 6.5 in the doors in the same setup you have sounded pretty good. But by then I was committed.