View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #108
Dr. Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Now on the NEWER side of the ledger, here is a post from a concurrent thread:

[B]Hi all,

Been really busy lately and haven't been following the forum. Thought i'd report back on my car.

Replaced my rear tires at 18,800 miles. Also got my third tranny replaced at 18,800 miles under warranty. This is going to be a sticking point with me and Porsche...

At 20,098 I put the car in for service. Got the minor maintenance done and replaced the brakes, which were below 10%.

A brake job consists of pads, rotors and parts. $695. Minor maintenance is something in the $200+ range. This is all at Pioneer Centres, San Diego.

Luckily I had a 15% off coupon that they'd sent me for both jobs. Grand total was therefore $963.43.

At the same time I also reported a bit of funny handling and a clunky sound from the rear passenger side. We surmised that it might be a sway bar end link, which is apparently a common mode of failure for these cars.

When I came to pick up my car, I was informed that my right rear shock needed to be replaced. It's a PASM shock too.

Hmm... ditch the car or extended warranty? I love the way it looks and drives, but if major parts keep dying, well, that's no good...

That is just ridiculous. If this is not an exaggeration of some kind, I am sure this is not representative of the true population of these vehicles. Three transmissions before the 20k mark sounds like a lemon to me.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg