View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #20
ohioboxster

Picked up my car.

Ok, so heres what happened since last post. The car shop called me and the conversation went something like this.

Shop: Oil tube is fixed but you still have a problem
Me: Ok, what
Shop: Check engine light is on and the codes are telling us all the 02's are bad
Me: Thats weird I just replaced all the 02's
Shop: Well you may have wired them wrong, I can look at it if you want. The car is
boosting and running just fine
Me: You open tomorrow? (Saturday)
Shop: No, I will have to look at it Monday
Me: Ok, Let me know.
Shop: Call ya next week

We hang up and the wife says hey why dont you pick it up for the weekend and just drop it off next week. After a short argument that I will always lose.
OK DEAR, Sheeesh. This is man stuff.

I called the shop back and paid my bill to date and told them my intentions. I go pick up the car and the thing starts right up has no CEL and is pulling 16 in/lbs of vacuum at idle. It has never pulled that much vacuum at idle. Drove it 20 miles home, no CEL light and the car runs better than ever. Boost even comes on earlier. How in the hell could the damn oil filler tube cause a vacuum leak? It cost me 363.00 bucks but it was money well spent!

Next question, why no CEL?

I dont know what to say besides the car is running fantastic. You can argue the vacuumissue all you want but heres a pick of the vacuum gauge when I picked up the car. The only thing they did was replace te oil filler tube. If the light comes back on i will drop it back off next week.
Pic of boost gauge.