View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 09:55 PM   #14
morbidelli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
Keep the bits they cut out. Worst case scenario you have to glass them back in. If you glass it well it should be mostly unnoticeable.

Glass the outside from the inside first so any "lumpy" will be inside the two panes of fiberglass. Then glass the interior; any lumpy glass buildup can be covered with a headliner.
I road race motorcycles, so I've got a little experience with fiberglass repair ...

But yeah, that's part of what I was thinking, that if I keep the pieces that are cut out, they can always be 'glassed back in. If the job is out of my league, I know a guy who's been doing fiberglass boat repair for a few decades now. I try to always have a backup plan or a plan to revert back to the original state.

Will have to look at the top when I get it to check for rigidity, curvature of roof, etc. What is it they say - no plan survives first contact with the enemy? If the removable panel doesn't appear feasible, there's always the idea of pulling a mold from the roof, using the mold to do a Lexan panoramic panel and figuring out a way of installing that. But we'll see what we're working with first.

And JB, seriously - I really don't think of red as a Porsche color, but yours is the nicest red one that I've seen since the Herrmann and Attwood one from 1970.

p.s. Anyone, your experience with the Wurth wheel paint? I have a couple of scuffs that I'd like to fix ...
morbidelli17 is offline   Reply With Quote