View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #35
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a d*ck, I honestly thought you were joking. There isn't much of a trend to do such projects with these motors. You're not gonna find a stroker kit for the m96, and there are not any shops that I'm aware of that specialize in custom modifications like that for these motors. Most aftermarket modifications you will find detailed on this site fall into 2 groups - small projects that will sometimes require custom tunes (UDP, new intake, new exhaust) and big ones (upgrade to 3.4 from 996, complete motor overhaul from flat F6I or LN including bore out and sleeving). Most DIY projects are about optimizing the current setup for durability and handling (oil coolers, 3rd radiator, aftermarket suspension) There are a few guys who have done FI applications, but there is only 1 kit that I'm aware of still in production and I personally think it's shady at best. Otherwise you'll have to custom a setup, which is difficult because of the specifics of the stock setup and is probably done best with a complete overhaul of the motors internals. A good example of that is bisimotors.

I guess the bottom line is that the H6 m96/97 family is not really a motor that many tinker with. It is what it is. It may seem like a puny power plant, but I think that most everyone will agree that it is well matched to the car overall and if you learn how to drive it properly (keeping it in max powerband, heel toe shifting, proper cornering techniques) you can definitely make a passenger **************** their pants on demand. It won't beat a v8 off the line but you'll have fun passing them on the turns.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Yup;
ditto all of this.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote