View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
Goldenzrule

Garage
Anyone traded up from a 986 to a 996?

Edit: sorry, posted in wrong section by accident. I reposted in the Boxster discussion forum. If a mod wants to delete, please do so.

Just wondering if anyone as made the move from a 986 to a 996 and have any regrets. I love my car, a 2000 986S and am thinking of making the move. It's not for more power or prestige or anything, but simply to gain back seats. My son is currently 15 months old and we are working on giving him a sibling. As it is, my time is limited that I get to spend in the car due to the fact I cannot take him with me, as well as I cannot take my wife in the car as she is watching our son if I'm not. Basically want to enjoy the car with my family, which is the reason for thinking of this move. I know the back seats are small but have spoken to many who do have their kids in the back and thoroughly enjoy it. I know the Boxster is said to be a better drivers car, and I don't doubt it, but I don't track the car and just enjoy nice, fun leisurely drives. So wondering if others have made the move for whatever reasom, what their thoughts are after making the jump.

Last edited by Goldenzrule; 02-11-2021 at 11:55 AM.
Goldenzrule is offline   Reply With Quote