View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 07:48 AM   #7
morbidelli17

Thank you all. The curvature of the top was exactly my area of concern and why I'd asked if anyone had actually cut one in. If anyone has an image of the inside of the Z-Art top without the leather upgrade, I'd love to see it. Also, if anyone knows the actual thickness of the fiberglass in the roof above the seats, that would be helpful, too.

Was not thinking anything retractable - WAY too complicated! But I did remember the removable moon roofs of my youth, and they still are available. I was thinking something like this:

https://www.dkhardware.com/sfc-18-x-28-newport-sunroof-dual-with-contour-and-with-molded-trim-ring-solar-high-performan-np1828b6hd-product-22510.html

... but was unsure if the installation would fit with the curvature of the roof.

The Eclipse idea is brilliant. I've also got another idea for a removable panel, but I think I'll have to wait until the unit actually arrives to figure out how to accomplish what I'm shooting for.

Anyway, not like I'm going to suffer by hauling around in a convertible for a few months ...

And that phrase, "I paid for the whole speedometer and I wanna use it" is going into heavy rotation in my lexicon.

I keep telling the city they need to remove that light post because it ruins my vehicle photographs, but they just get mad ...
morbidelli17 is offline   Reply With Quote