View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 05:12 PM   #18
RedTele58

Jeez. C'mon. You guys are making this way too hard with your tales of doom and disaster.

It's a Boxster. Plain. Simple. We're not trying to haul an 18 ton Army Stryker over Wolf Creek Pass on the back of a bicycle.

It's a newer 1/2 ton Ford. Not a 40 year old Toyoya HiLux that was rescued from the junkyard.

And we don't need to buy a new $10,000 trailer to haul home an $8,000 Boxster.

It's a commercial trailer design that's been used successfully for years and years.

We're not using Farmer Bob's half-assed rusty homebuilt trailer with bald, mismatched tires, behind Farmer Bobs half-assed rusty farm truck with one headlight, driven by half-assed Farmer Bob with three fingers on one hand and no thumb on the other and his gimme cap cocked sideways on his bald head.

The U-Haul trailer is designed for the lowest common denominator beta dude to be able to tow his car cross country behind his wifes Honda. So - all you guys having heart palpations suggesting the wheels are going to fall off the trailer, the straps are going to turn to dust and the brakes are going to catistrophically fail - I'm guessing you're all a notch or two above the lowest common denominator? You're not betas? Right? Hopefully? And your names not Bob?

The OP asked a couple of intelligent, new guy questions. They were answered with intelligent, experienced answers from several different forum members.

Quit with the sky is falling and we're all gonna die crap. Please? It's simple. Sometimes you guys wear me out trying to overcomplicate crap with your tales of complexity and one in a million examples of numb nuttery.

Farmlifer - dry run it with your car at home. Load up your dog. Have fun. Seriously - it's not tough.

Here's five examples below. No Porsches or Volvos were harmed in the making of this public service announcement.

I wish I was along for the ride. I could use a good road trip. I think I'm turning into an old curmudgeon and beginning to sound like Starter and Piper.
Attached Images