View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 08:50 AM   #9
ike84

Last thing and then I'll stop

Regarding the softronic

I would not go with this option. I called them to discuss tuning options for FI application and they flat out said no. I asked them for assistance with a V8 audi swap and they flat out said no. I asked them more about their tunes and process of developing the tunes and essentially they are applying a "one size fits most-ish" approach to tuning. They claim to be trained by bosch with extensive motronic programming knowledge but when I told them what I wanted in terms of fuel maps and timing retardation they said they can't do that. What??

If you want to make your girl roar, that is not the way I would go. I would start with a stock porsche tune for 3.6L from a MY with the same Canbus wiring and go from there. Install a lambda sensor and see where you're running at that point (It will theoretically run lean so you're probably maxing out on timing with little room for improvement beyond changing things like variocam engagement point, etc). I don't have any suggestions on how to find someone who can actually tune ME 7.2/7.8 beyond this in person, Lord knows I've tried. The audi guys are good with 7.8 but it's still a crapshoot. The only other venues running 7.2 are range rovers and there aren't a lot of tuners out there souping these those things out...

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk