View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 04:58 AM   #7
Muskoka Minute

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Like previously said, the exhaust needs to be addressed. In my opinion the exhaust is more important than the intake. The 986 exhaust system is horrible for performance and it weighs a ton. Unfortunately there are no real good cheap options for performance exhaust systems unless you fabricate your own or are okay with annoying resonating mufflers. As for the intake, I like the 996 but you'll need to lower the motor and inch or so, or run the TB/intake tube above the engine cover. I have a friend who used a m97 cayman intake/TB on his 3.4 and didn't need to modify at all for fitment.

Looking for more Botton to Mid performance as I do not track the car.
I am aware that the eng will need to be dropped. I'm also told that it won't effect drive shaft angle or cause other issues ?

This is my master plan (I think &#128512

take the 3.2 to a 3.8 with all the good internal stuff.

- Change the intake , TB etc to the 82mm
- Update the ECM using the Softronic software
- Change out the existing header/cat to the 987 header/cat, Into sure if they will fit yet)
- cat delete the 2nd one
- use existing muffler
- check to see where it is on the dyno.
- install Trackone suspension
- Replace Mich Super sport on all 4 corners with new Super sports or Continental DWS.

After that then maybe go with the Soul header system. (From what I understand is that header will help top end but you will sacrifice bottom end. Is this correct?)

Any words of wisdom?
My Beast 2004 Boxster SE #0174
- 3.8 with all the internal goodies, Under-mount Pulley, IPD Plenum, 996 Intake, Softronic Tune, 987 Factory Sport Exhaust, skid plates, IMS solution, Ohlins R&T, RSS Toe Links, Camber Plates, Michelin Pilot Super Sport on all 4 corners, Alpine Double Din c/w new speakers & amps.
Muskoka Minute is offline   Reply With Quote