View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 04:51 AM   #104
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Congrats on the win! I'm super impressed how quickly you've come to dominate that event!

There's actually a dirt oval track 2 miles from my house. Noone is racing right now because of covid, but damn it's tempting to pop that gate open and go for a spin.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Thanks, growing up and learning how to drive in Alaska probably helped.

Yesterday was my official return to driving the RWD boxster full time and retiring the FWD Golf. I came in first for RWD by a long shot. No one in my class was even close. I came in third overall behind two AWD subarus. I'm really enjoyed RWD. It's soooo much more challenging than FWD. You have to get everything right or you're screwed. Unfortunately the motor was sounding rough 3/4 into the race. I started it up and the lifters were making a noise like they were starving for oil.(at least that's what it sounded like). I shut it down and checked the oil level. It was down to the bottom mark on the digstick. Low but not that low to cause any issues I would think. With nothing to lose I added some oil and went about a half a quart over. The noise went away and I finished my last two runs without any noise or problems. After getting it on the trailer I took a peak underneath. It has a small leak coming from the rear of the engine and front of the engine. I'm hoping it's just the power steering pump overflowing but I suspect worse. I'll get a better look later when I have time. I'm really considering an engine swap to something more robust and cheaper than the M96 motor. I have an Audi 2.7 and two VW 2.5 motors. The 2.5 is becoming a popular motor swap for the 944 and other vehicles. They're dirt cheap and can put out some very impressive numbers.