View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 09:19 PM   #1
LincolnPeters
Perhaps the worst example

Hi, I’m Lincoln (Redlands/SoCal IE hinterlands)

Been doing the new car search for longer than I can care to remember and that’s mostly because of personal finances and such... I may have settled in on the most dicey car Craigslist has thrown up in a while. Met with the fella selling it today, left $500 and am gonna return with the other $6500 to come away with the salvage/ badly matched paint to a little here and there deformed body-work princess that if (the gods are willing) ‘an it don’t grenade something critical on the way home, well—-it looks like it should be a great platform for me to learn how to drive a little better at the upper margins of things.

Your forum—-I love it. Y’all seem really down to earth. I’m over here in Redlands in what they call the Inland Empire of SoCal. That would be like the Long Island of New York, or more exactly, The Ronkonkoma.

So, I’m excited and terrified like I was buying an old Ferrari (someone on here said that and me and my lady laughed and laughed and laughed. I’ve been riding fast motorbikes since I was 22 and could afford one. Got hurt real bad a couple times in the last few year (on MTBs) and have to maybe move over a little to something that doesn’t tear my rotator cuff out of it’s socket the next time I overcorrect. That’s what I meant by learn. The car I’m gonna pick up——Oh God. But if it can help train me up and keep my fast twitch skillset intact when I go over the bar to fifty next year, whelp then let’s bless this little experiment with longevity and endurance.

I’m already grateful to Chi-town and Truegearhead for their insight into the 2.7 swap. Thanks for being real and cool. I’m Lincoln. Lemme know if I can be of any service to you.
LincolnPeters is offline   Reply With Quote