View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 08:28 PM   #44
kbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I would think that your issues with the EVAP system contribute to your stalling issues.
I am not schooled on all aspects of EVAP system operation but I do know it is constantly testing for vacuum integrity. It looks like a simple system but access to all the hoses and parts looks like a PITA.

If you are still throwing the P1341 code then something is still off with the timing.
If the car ran well below 3000 RPM before the actuator change out and now it does not. Then something is not right with the cam timing, the actuator, sensor or the DME/ECU.

Your timing code issue is a big issue perhaps you need a fresh set of eyes on the issue. Cam timing affects vacuum, fuel mileage, idle, power, and is most likely the cause of the miss fire codes.
I will have a friend who is also a car nut look at an issue when I am stumped just to get fresh eyes on the issue. Sometimes he sees something that I missed or just didn't see as set up wrong.

Another thing is in your posts you have mentioned that most of the SAI hoses were toast or not hooked up.
The hard starting at fill up.
The sticking actuator.
So it sounds like the car was not maintained well and that you have multiple issues in various systems.
Sorry I am not more help
I went back again and changed the timing. we are now at -0.36 for camshaft position 1 deviation, and -6.22 for camshaft position 2 deviation. When I first started the car the actual angle for camshaft bank 1 was 0.37 and the actual angle for bank 2 was 7 degrees but after i drove the car they both would switch to 22-24 once variocam engaged, and would go back to 0 at idle. but now the car is significantly worse at idle, and it stalls at every single stop light no matter what. It stalls even when I'm moving if I'm not going fast enough.

Yes the car was obviously neglected and sat for years before I bought it. poor little thingy has a million billion issues, its power seats don't work, convertible top gears don't work, drivers door lock don't work, paint is faded... cv axles are done..... I am going to order a smoke tester and test the vacuum system for air leaks next. as far as codes its the same p1341. For the evap system what should I order and replace first to get started ruling pieces out? It must be something significant Because the car idles like a muscle car with a cam.
kbod is offline   Reply With Quote