View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 07:48 AM   #20
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
I have an automatic cluster in my manual car with a 996 ROW tune. Everything works but the check engine light is on and it's not on when I had the 3.2 ROW tune. Honestly the temp gauge is the only one I care about though.

I might do something like that. The more I think about it, the more I like the dragster scoop sticking way high. Instead of the intake drawing air from the trunk, id point it straight up. I'd build another engine cover that the dragster scoop would then attach to. Not only would it get a slight tunnel ram effect, the extra air not getting ingested by the motor will help with cooling the motor. I have an overheating issue when racing in 90+ temps. It's in the 90's or higher for half the year down here. My only issue with the dragster scoop would be that I would probably have to modify the roof. I really don't want to do that because when time comes to part the car out, that roof would become worthless.

edit; Another benefit of the dragster scoop would be that hot air would escape easier from the engine bay when the car is not in use in between runs. I thinking I'm about to ruin a perfectly good roof. lol
Roof scoops are awesome, like the lotus exige. Definitely a complicated build but I think that your logic is spot on. Keep us posted!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk