View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 12:42 AM   #19
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
On a side note, when you flashed to 996 row, did your 986 guages still work appropriately? Whenever I get an hour off of daddy day care this is next on my list to do. I've read some say everything was fine, I've seen other say not so much. Reading wayne's article on cluster swaps it seems like after flashing to 996 I can go back through piwis and actually change the cluster back to 986 while keeping the 996 tune, but I haven't seen anyone actually detail doing this.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
I have an automatic cluster in my manual car with a 996 ROW tune. Everything works but the check engine light is on and it's not on when I had the 3.2 ROW tune. Honestly the temp gauge is the only one I care about though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Well lookie lookie - I was reading into oil cooler swaps/upgrades and found this pic. They're using it to vent an external oil cooler in a 987. That would do the trick though.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
I might do something like that. The more I think about it, the more I like the dragster scoop sticking way high. Instead of the intake drawing air from the trunk, id point it straight up. I'd build another engine cover that the dragster scoop would then attach to. Not only would it get a slight tunnel ram effect, the extra air not getting ingested by the motor will help with cooling the motor. I have an overheating issue when racing in 90+ temps. It's in the 90's or higher for half the year down here. My only issue with the dragster scoop would be that I would probably have to modify the roof. I really don't want to do that because when time comes to part the car out, that roof would become worthless.

edit; Another benefit of the dragster scoop would be that hot air would escape easier from the engine bay when the car is not in use in between runs. I thinking I'm about to ruin a perfectly good roof. lol

Last edited by itsnotanova; 02-01-2021 at 01:03 AM.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote