View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 01:02 PM   #35
kbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Your lumpy idle is most likely caused by a combination of the Camshaft deviation range and an issue with the EVAP system.
The missfires are due to the Camshaft Deviation being so far out of spec.

As to the Camshaft Deviation I would try to fix that first. Seems like you are a tooth off or a link off in your set up.
Your actuators for the Variocam system seem to be working ok now as when you rev to 3000 RPM you get a change of 25 degrees of actual cam angle. So that is right on spec.
So it is a timing issue, not an actuator issue.
I would Concentrate on getting the Camshaft deviation correct on bank 1. because you have The Camshaft Deviation numbers to view that tell you if it is fixed or not.
Then the other issues will be easier to find and correct.

Yes the issue with not starting after refill is caused by a problem with the EVAP system. I believe your EVAP issue is also "part" of your lumpy idle issue.

this is going to sound stupid but I went and the ims locking tool fit really good on the notch in the cam so I dont really know how the timing could be that far off... nevertheless it clearly is, should i adjust the camshaft a little bit clockwise or counter clockwise based on my current deviations to correct it?
kbod is offline   Reply With Quote