Thread: 2.7 swap
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 04:35 AM   #23
Dllrd23

Garage
Progress Report: Spent a couple of hours yesterday in the garage. I was able to rehab the 2.5 harness as it was oil soaked from the previous vehicle. I wiped down all the exposed wires with brakeclean and replaces the cloth electrical tape with the same purchased on Amazon along with some mesh wire loom for about $30. All looks pretty clean now. I mocked up the upper intake using the throttle body and runner from the 2.5 and the back runner from the 2.7. For the TB runner I used some silicone adapters bought for $9 each and trimmed them down. I removed the vac valve from the rear runner and am looking for something to plug the holes with. Lastly I wired the engine with the 2.5l harness. A couple of problems I ran into were the O2 connectors are different from 99 to 02 and I have the stock 02 manifolds on still. Also there were only 2 O2 connectors on the 2.5 harness I will have to take a closer look at the 99 exhaust (it is in a separate location) this is easily fixed I just have to decide which exhaust to go with. The MAF connector is also different. Not sure if I have the MAF from the 99 or not?? I know that this thread may not be very interesting to many as I am swapping the 2nd least desirable engine for the least desirable engine but my reason for doing so is simple. I have a very clean and good running 99 that I don't want to do anything to this satisfies my itch to tinker with the Boxster plus the cost to this point is very low (probably have 1/3 of the low book invested via some good luck and a little negotiation. Thanks for following.

Last edited by Dllrd23; 01-31-2021 at 04:38 AM.
Dllrd23 is offline   Reply With Quote